New Garrett GT1749VB VNT 17 Turbocharger
Brand New Genuine Garrett GT1749VB Turbocharger from the European 1.9L TDI PD150 ARL Engine. This is one of the most popular and well tested upgrades for the 1.9L ALH TDI Engine. Combined with the proper injectors and other modifications this turbocharger can support between 150hp and 180hp while still begin a simple "bolt on" installation.
ALH Fitment Notes
- Once installed an adapter or replacement lower intercooler hose (BEW/ARL/ASZ fitment) must be used to connect the compressor outlet to the lower intercooler pipe. Lower hose link : Turbo Outlet to Lower Intercooler Pipe VNT 17 & BEW TDI
- This turbo uses the stock ALH Turbo oil feed line, and drain line. It is highly suggested that the feed line be replaced as well during installation.
- To take full advantage of the turbochargers capablity the engine computer needs to be reprogrammed (also know as remapping or chip tune)
- The turbocharger can support between 150 Hp - 180 Hp with the correct additional modifications (chip tune, upgraded injectors, upgraded exhaust, ect)
This turbocharger can be installed in place of the KP - 39 Turbocharger found on the 1.9L BEW TDI engine. However this turbocharger is intended for use on the 1.9L ALH Engine and does not have a "Smart" actuator.
- This specific turbo does not have a Smart actuator. Will require the engine computer to be reprogrammed (remapped/chip tune) to eliminate the check engine light. The Turbocharger will operate correctly without the engine computer begin re programmed but will cause the check engine light to be illuminated.
- Requires the use of a new EGR cooler pipe if the EGR cooler is retained. Available here : BEW VNT 17 EGR Cooler Pipe
Please see this link for a VNT 17 Turbocharger with the Smart actuator: Garrett BEW VNT 17 Turbo
VW Part Numbers
03G 253 016 R - 03G253016 R - 03G253016R
038 253 016 D - 038253016 D - 038253016D
038 253 016 G - 038253016 G - 038253016G
721021 5006S - 7210215006S
*This item may have a 3 to 4 day shipping delay depending on current stock levels*